Thank you to Pete and Holden who showed up to keep me honest this morning.
Our first loop was a bit on the humid side... ok, it was really, really humid. Pete and I made the ridiculous decision to go back out for loop 2. I don't know what we were thinking. Three steps into it, we were both in pain, Pete with his calves, and me with my hamstrings. They were revolting! The only saving grace was the intermittent rain to cool us off a bit. That and a few walk breaks helped me finish. Without Pete and Holden, I would not have stayed the course. Thanks so much guys!
Total Mileage: 13:57 Avg Pace: 10:40 Avg HR: 177
Mile 1: 9:53
Mile 2: 9:34
Mile 3: 9:26
Mile 4: 9:42
Mile 5: 11:16 (walk break in here to remove the 400 lb man from my chest!)
Mile 6: 9:41
Mile 7: 10:27 end of first loop
Mile 8: 10:53 (hamstrings begin their revolt)
Mile 9: 10:38
Mile 10: 11:35 (still revolting)
Mile 11: 12:06 (damn ham)
Mile 12: 11:19
Mile 13: 12:23 (nice walking pace, eh?)
.57: 10:20 pace
We saw plenty of runners out there this morning. No one looked like they minded the rain. Pete almost got hit in the first mile by someone who didn't notice the big honkin' floodlight on my head. Thankfully, we saved him. I hate the sight of blood.
Burned 1327 calories this morning. I think I earned my Starbucks!
I did try the Succeed Caps today. I still had swelling pretty bad by the end of the 1st loop, but I took 2 on the 6 mile loop and had less swelling at the end of the run. I may try to switch out the hydration. I'm looking at going to Accelerade, but I am not sure how my stomach will handle the protein.
Happy Running!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a lot of fun. We need to do that more often! It was profusely humid.
Post a Comment