I actually was able to run on a Fit run today? Yes, I did! I considered crying, but sucked it up and enjoyed the beautiful weather, the great company, and the blessing of being able to put one foot in front of the other, if only for 5 miles.
The hip feels great, it's the muscle spasms that continue. Tonight I took a large dose of Advil. I've been doing stretches all day. The Advil wins.
Bean had an interview with her college of choice today. It was a great experience, minus the very long car ride which only exacerbated the muscle spasms.
For a mere 26,000/year, we can be assured a wonderful college experience. I appreciate that this is a well-priced college, but OUCH!
My plan is this....
Get 1,000 of my closest friend to donate 1 dollar for each mile I run at the next marathon... BAM 26,000 good to go!! Should I set up my paypal button now?? LOL
Lem and I went to a volleyball game yesterday and she is so on fire to play. We are a week too late to sign up at the Y, unless I want to coach. Looks like we'll have to wait until the spring.
We also visited Luke's for her first official pair of running shoes. She is so excited! She got a mile in last night and wanted to get another in tonight. She already had plans to see a play, so that won out, but I will try to get her out there tomorrow.
Even Bean mentioned today that she is seriously thinking about trying to run. I love how teenagers consider things. It takes more energy to think of excuses not to do something rather than to just do it... oh, wait, that's my approach to laundry!! Dang, I guess she comes by it honestly.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Karen, it was good to see you out there this morning. Liz Berry asked about you this morning at RR 25K and I told her that you were out there to run!
I'm looking forward to next Saturday at Ten For Texas. We'll have a good time supporting the runners and cheering them on. Thank you for helping Bill and I out.
You should see the piles and piles of laundry I have right now. It's really something...
I have another nephew on his way to college next year too. I think he talked about a couple that weren't on the parents' list just to get 'em all wound up!
It was great to see you! Glad you could run..hey, 5 miles is 5 miles. Hang in there!
Tell your girls to keep it up-in both academics and running!
Post a Comment