Oh, glorious day! What perfect running weather God blessed us with this morning! Brisk and breezy, yet sunny and bright! I felt like I was back in Colorado!
Today did not mean a run for me, however. I debated giving it a go, but I heard Bill's words of wisdom in the back of my mind telling me to be patient. Not my strongest virtue. Not by a long shot. But I listened and I instead headed out the door this morning to support those who did run. Lem and I met up with Jon, Bill, Holden, Debbie, Waverly, and Natalia for a fun morning of handing out hydration. We were the last fueling station on the route. It was great seeing so many runners that I know and even more that I don't!
Everyone looked like they were feeling good and having fun, and that is the most important thing, well except for winning, but only a few get that treat!
Tonight I am enjoying pancakes for dinner and Pink Panther..."I would like to buy a damburger!"
To all of my friends running in San Antonio, I wish you well. I will try to get 7 or 8 miles in myself depending upon how the hip feels. I can't wait to hear the race reports!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for being out there yesterday.
Got 9 in Sunday morning. Although I chickened out on the cold weather and waited for the sun to warm the air. Took a long nap after a hot bath.
I can't tell you enough how much I (and Bill) appreciated your help and Emma's. I hope that she had fun getting to know Waverly (and Natalia) a little more.
Our mission to recognize, honor and reward people's accomplishments is a big one, but with the help of our friends, like you and Holden, and others, it's clearly possible.
Sounds like y'all had a great outing! You KNOW I would have been there, if not for conflicting schedule! Running this weekend? Let's do it!
Post a Comment