Congratulations to Mr. Obama, our president-elect, on his historic campaign and election to the White House. Politics aside, I can not help but feel such joy for his accomplishments and sorrow that his grandmother, mother, and father were not here to see this day. I do know what it is like to lose those closest to you and to miss them so terribly during times of great emotion.
I am proud to be American, proud to be living in a time when race does not determine your ability to become president, finally.
Mr. Obama is our president. He is my president. He will have my prayers as he enters into the White House during a very uncertain time in our country's history. This will not be a picnic for him. I pray that he can surround himself with the best of the best and glean from their wisdom and experience. This country can turn around, but one party can not do it alone.
So I will watch. I will stay informed. I will pray. I will not lose sight of the dream of our forefathers. And I will thank God that I live in the United States of America, where to disagree represents the truest form of our freedom and democracy.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment