This week has been so bizarre and I am exhausted. No running since Sunday. Life keeps getting in the way.
We have had a parish mission for the last three nights, so we've been busy in the evenings with that.
Sunday night, my lap top crashed. Dead. 14 months old. Dead. I can't check email. I've lost many, many files that pertain to my business as well as our household. Apparently it's the motherboard. HP doesn't fix motherboards. I'm so excited. Email and blogging will be severely limited until I get this mess figured out.
Monday night the Suburban decided to start acting up. It's been in two shops in two days. Transmission issues. I'm in no hurry. I can run anywhere I need to be. Of course getting the kids where they need to go is another story.
Also noticed a bump on little Boo's bottom. This is the third such bump on our little guy. After seeing a show on MRSA, I decided I should probably bring him in. Sure enough, staph. Not sure if it is MRSA, but got the antibiotics started.
Today, the bump was much worse. It needed to be drained. He couldn't sit on it and it was extremely painful to the touch. And it was beginning to drain (gross alert here, really gross) but it wasn't draining properly. I've worked with wounds in the past and I knew from how this one felt, it wasn't good.
We had to head back to the doctor where it was determined that it need to be opened up and allowed to drain. I don't think my son will ever set foot in the doctor's office again. I felt so badly for him, but it needed to be done. As I write this, I am avoiding my mommy duties of another soak in the tub. I just don't think I can watch him cry again. But I will... dying to myself....dying to myself.
I have managed to squeeze in two days of swimming this week. And I am going to take a few private lessons starting next week to see if I can improve. I plan to run in the morning, depending on how the house is doing when dawn breaks.
If you are the praying kind, please say a little one for Boo. If we don't see a turn around in this infection, it could mean a hospitalization. I have every reason to believe that this won't be necessary, but then again, as I said at the start of this post, this has been a very bizarre week.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
His in my prayers..
You can bet I just said a prayer for him Karen. And for you too - what a week.
I know you said not to email you, but I'm going to about something you wrote.
awww. hope the little guy's alright. thinking of you!
Poor baby, I hope he's better now!
Post a Comment