I don't usually dream about running, but last night I had a nightmare about Hogs Hunt!
I was all set to meet up with Pete to run, yet I slept in. When I awoke, various activities kept me from the race. I knew that I had many hours to complete the race, so I thought I could just show up late and run faster.
Somehow, it managed to turn into the next day. (you know how dreams are) and Pete met me to finish out the race. I ran a little bit and then it was time to stop for the night. (not sure why we had to stop...) I was using someone else's chip because I hadn't picked up my race packet and knew that it would not be given to me.
The next day, my family showed up and I got busy visiting with them, missing my start time again. When I realized that I was late, we rushed everyone into the car and drove to the start line. As I ran to the start, I realized that I had forgotten my socks and shoes!! There was no way to go back and get the shoes in time for the race and my dreams of running Hog's Hunt were squelched. I cried and cried, and cried the rest of the dream.
I wonder if this has anything to do with my concern that I am not really ready to run next weekend??
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a dream the other night about my friend Lisa cutting my hair (which is what she does for a living at least!). I definitely know that's directly related to what my hair looks like these days.
I have had dreams like that too, actually the night before Surfside I had one, we were late arriving because we got lost in this dream. I've had lots about missing classes and exams. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, I don't know!
Post a Comment