Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Uncooperative legs

My mind was in, but the legs weren't. Hannah, my reliable doggie, was up for an easy 3 or 4 miles with me this morning. I made it about a mile and then I just couldn't pick the legs up anymore.
I can't really explain why, so I'll chalk it up to the moon cycle or something...

I walked another 2 with Hannah and called it a day.


I'll try again tomorrow.

6 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

We all have those days! Hopefully the next time will be better!

Barbara said...

Hope that was just a 1-day deal!

Andrea said...

I'm pretty sure you're not beating yourself up over this one bad day but this came to mind so I thought I'd share...

I remember the first marathon Tommy ran in Houston. I was his sideline cheerleader and met him at certain places to give him what he needed (pre-belt days). I was blown away by all the people that were out there "doing it".

As I watched the finisher come in, I was humbled by those that were finishing up the half marathon (just cause that was the side I of the street I happened to be on) as I waiting for Tommy to come in. For some, the half was an obvious challenge and I kept telling them that "at least you are doing it and not sitting at home watching tv eating poptarts! Good for you!"

This is why I've walked subsequent half marathons since. I'm not a runner but I can get out there and do something.

So, 1 mile, 3 miles, 13.1 or 50, good job! You did it! You did something!!

K said...

Thanks for sharing, Andrea! No, I wasn't beating myself up. Just one of those days that my body knows what it needs and I don't want to listen. It usually wins...

You are so right about getting out there and doing something. I am so grateful to just have the chance to do so. I know so many that would love this opportunity, but can not because of illness. I am so blessed.

equarles said...

geez...now i feel bad.

K said...

no need to feel bad, EQ... I need a good razzin'!