Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday morning madness

I didn't get up in time for my swimming class so I thought I'd add in a longer run to get some more mileage in.

It was a bit humid this morning, 88%. I was just hoping for a nice downpour. No such luck. A few drops here and there, but not enough to qualify as a shower.

Total Miles: 8.60 Total Time: 1:35:14 Avg Pace: 11:04 Avg HR: 170

Mile 1: 11:06
Mile 2: 10:47
Mile 3: 12:09
Mile 4: 11:06
Mile 5: 10:51
Mile 6: 11:55
Mile 7: 10:58
Mile 8: 10:10
Mile .60: 10:09 pace

Mileage for March: 57

Very inconsistent pace. I didn't really feel so wonderful this morning. I finally felt good at about mile 7. My calf is bugging me a bit, but not enough to say it is injured. I don't feel it so much when running, except for a general tightness in it. Stretches don't seem to get to it so I am assuming it is pretty deep.

The most interesting things I saw on my run? Two huge trees across the path way which I had to climb over and some really cool looking birds that I've never seen before hanging out with the ducks. I'll be investigating their kind and post what I find out.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I know, wasn't this weather soupy? Oh well. Great that you got out there... keep it up!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

A 50k? Ha! And people call ME crazy!