Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hog's Hunt 50K


Not only did I finish, but I finished uninjured, and feeling great!

Since I was using my new Garmin, I had forgotten to reset it for splits and couldn't figure it out this morning.

My one lap was 30.69 miles; Avg Pace 13:01; Avg HR 158

It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. Incredible. I will post a more detailed race report later.

Congratulations to all of my TIR team and other friends that ran today! Adrienne (1st woman 25K), Katy (awesome finish time for her first 50K and can now claim her Marathon Jacket!) Tommy, his son, Jakeb, Liz, Ruth, Pete, Richard and I am sure that there were more, but I can't recall them right now.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Way to go Karen! I was wondering all day how it went.

Was it pretty muddy from the day before, or did that end up having much of an impact on the trails?

Katy Lampson said...

Congratulations Karen! We're ultra-marathoners now! :)

I loved that race. I think I'm ruined for road races. I guess I've got to get some of those trail shoes now..

Great seeing you! Tell Pete congrats too.

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Congrats!! It was great to see you out there! 30 miles=awesome accomplishment!

Tommy said...

Good Job Karen. It was good to see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Simply awesome. Way to move it, move it!!!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Wow. That's all I got to say about that.

Tiggs said...

congrats and way to go K!!!!!