On Thursday, I got a green light to forgo the plan for Saturday's run and try to run RTW as fast as I could.
I wondered if I could capture a new PR. I was so excited to have the chance, but as usual, wasn't quite sure of my abilities.
I set my mind to give it a shot. About an hour later, I had a major allergy attack which came from no where! Several doses of antihistamine later, the attack stopped, but the effects of the medicine began to take their toll. I had a hard time sleeping both Thursday and Friday (Holden caught my error here... took me a while, but I finally clicked to it as well) night. I didn't sleep but about 30 mins last night. It was crazy. I determined to show up regardless. I wanted to see Holden break his PR!
I parked about a mile from the start so I could get a warm-up jog in. I think that this really helped me.
I was able to nail a new PR. 26:29! Not a huge difference from my previous 26:40 PR, but one nonetheless. I will try to break 26 the next time.
Mile 1: 8:37
Mile 2: 8:43
Mile 3: 8:29
.1: :39 (7:20 pace)
Avg Pace: 8:34 Avg HR: 195
I totaled 5.25 miles today with my warm-up and cool down. Pace for those miles were 10:31 and 10:48 respectively.
Congratulations to Holden on his new PR. I am so excited for him!!
I also had the opportunity to finally meet Mr. Jim Braden. He is a very kind man and an awesome athlete. He blew past me with no problem!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Nice to see you again. Congrats on the P.R. Are you anticipating not sleeping well tonight?
HEEEEEELP! I'm acronym impaired. I would love to congratulate someone for the "PR" but I have no idea what that is.
I plan to sleep like a rock tonight!
30 minutes sleep and running.... sounds like TIR flashbacks! Congrats on the PR!
Awesome, Karen! Congrats!!! I couldn't even get to my race on time! :)
congrats on the pr
Congratulations on the PR!
Hey Holden,
Last night at Black Belt Testing it hit me...'why did Holden ask if I was anticipating not sleeping well tonight'?
I figured I must have said Fri and Sat in my post and sure enough, when I checked it this morning, I had.
Thanks for being kind enough to gently point this out to me. Obviously, the sleep deprivation had a good hold on me!
Nothing better than a PR! We'll have to have a TIR team training run at RTW one of these daye.
great PR!
Maybe a combined TWRC vs Seven Hills and TIR reunion run...oh and a Fall Marathon program time trial all on June 14th at RTW.
Great job with the new PR.
congrats on the PR. I was also having problems sleeping for about the last two weeks. And my allergies have been crazy. I keep getting sinus headaches....ugh
PR= personal record
Holeeee, I don't think I'll get anywhere near that at this year's (local) 5k. I ran 3 miles today and (even though I THOUGHT I was running fast) it took me 35 minutes! Even after all this training! Oh well, I'll just have to start timing my short runs and see if I'll beat last year's "PR" heehee, I'm such dang dork.
There must be something to a lack of sleep...I experienced it before Hog's Hunt. Congrats on the PR!!
Wow! Congrats on your PR you speedster you!
Post a Comment