I have been anxious to get back to running since this weekend and today was the day. As much as my head and heart wanted to enjoy a wonderful run, my legs were not as willing to cooperate. I suppose that is to be expected after my first 50K. I know that there will be many other runs that will feel much better. For now, I will continue to recover and enjoy the down time with my kiddos.
Speaking of the kiddos, Marathoner in Training tagged me for this little game. It is called
"Six Word Memoir"
Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
My Family is my Sole Inspiration!
As the title of my blog states, I began my quest for healthy living for my kids. I have watched those I love battle with health issues of all sorts. After losing my mom to heart and lung disease, I made the decision to be as healthy as I can so that I can live long enough to watch each of my children raise their children and maybe even their grandchildren. I don't know how long God will allow me to stay with my family, but for however long it is, I want to be as healthy as possible. I want to be as engaged in life as possible. I want to be someone that my children look up to at some point.
While I continue to run for these reasons, I also run because I have fallen in love with it. Who knew that in a quest to live a healthier life, I would meet some of the best people around. Who knew that I would take on challenges that I never could have imagined myself completing. A marathon? A 50K? Those were never terms that I would have seen in my life. So in my attempts to become the healthiest physical me that I can be, I believe I have become the healthiest me all-around. I am not so afraid of things anymore. I am not as negative about things. I have more of a "Let's Roll!" attitude and firmly believe that I can do just about anything that I put my mind to.
I have learned much about myself, including how to be gentle with myself when my body needs me to be, when my mind is wanting to go forward and my body is holding it back. When my mind doubts my ability and my body pushes through. It is a wonderful experience and one I wish that all could have, especially those whom are my sole inspiration.
I am tagging Katy, Laura, Cindy, Edwin, Adrienne, Holden, Barbara, and Cassie.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's almost midnight. I'll have to think on that because my brain doesn't really think at this time of the night.
I went to bed, I fell asleep. Now I'm awake again.
Do you know how hard that is to say something in just 6 words?
Cute game. I'll post my thingy once I find 6 good words to use!
I'm going to write mine while I'm running in Groveton tomorrow. That will give me something to think about for 26.2 miles.
I might need some help with the technical part of it...newbie here.
Dang, that IS hard! I'll do it and post it on my running blog.
After a 50K, you will probably need some recovery time. I really like your six words.
This is a little late, but congrats on the 50K!!!!
Post a Comment