Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Monday night trails, Tuesday night track

Last night I met up with the trail group to hit the Nature Trail. It was safe, no inclinations to go off the beaten path. My body was pretty tired and it seemed like I walked an awful lot. I tried to make excuses for myself, but the bottom line, I ran 4.8 miles at an 11:45 pace.

At the end of the run, I noticed most everyone mentioned that they had a rough run as well.

I thought I would take Tuesday night off and see if I just needed some rest, but then pushed myself out the door for the track workout.

Coach Bill gave us the task of running 8 - 300s.

After a one mile warm-up, my 300's looked like this

#1: 7:10 pace (1:24)
#2: 7:23 pace (1:23)
#3: 6:43 pace (1:17)
#4: 7:01 pace (1:21)
#5: 6:38 pace (1:17)
#6: 6:55 pace (1:20)
#7: 7:43 pace (1:26)
#8: 7:57 pace (1:28)

The best part of the night... running a few 100s with Coach Bill.

5 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

How many is a few?

K said...

He ran with several folks, and actually tired me out! He ran 3 with me and ran a lot more with others. He looked great!

Bill D said...

I'm starting to feel a little like my old self. I even felt good running a little with speedster Scott.

I'll send you a note tonight with a proper answer to what the goals are for "track night". There are a few of them which is reason we do different types of workouts. I'll also post it on my blog.

Bill D said...

I need to add that we've been running easy for three weeks getting used to the 90 degree temps. which is the main reason for not calling out times and keeping the environment low key. If I had given you a target time for the 300's it would have been 1:20 plus or minus a few seconds. You did great last night.

WalkSports.com said...

This coming Tuesday, we want to see Bill doing 10 200s. That is, Waverly and I want to see it.

But, of course, we won't be there.

However, Waverly said she would do about a 2-mile run out to the Rose Bowl from the hotel Tuesday morning with me. If Waverly can run 2 to the Rose Bowl, Bill can do 10 200s!