Monday, June 09, 2008

Still Running, not blogging

I've been very busy, but I'm still running. Blog or run... I'll run.

Hopefully I can post more later this week. Right now I am focused on staying focused and getting out in this heat. I dread the heat, but am trying to get over it.

I take every opportunity I can to be in it. We've been cleaning out the garage in the middle of the day which is helping me acclimate to the humidity. This weekends runs were a struggle, but I got them in.

I'm closer to signing up for swimming lessons so that perhaps a tri will be in my future...2009 or 2010. I think after I get my 100 miler done, I'll be up for the tri. Or maybe the looney bin.

7 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

You're going for a 100-miler!? Wow, I'm impressed. Running is definitely better for you than blogging! Stay cool (or as best you can anyways)! :)

Katy Lampson said...

Wowza! Which 100 miler do you have your sights on? If you decide to get into tri's after that, you can just go straight for the ironman!

K said...

Except for that little issue I have with drowning!!! LOL

El Oso Furioso said...

Looney bin. Def.

Enjoy the heat and stay cool.

TX Runner Mom said...

I am thinking that swim lessons are in my future too. I need all the help I can get!

Evan Guy said...

Good to see you have your priorities in line! Yeah, swimming lessons work really well! A good swim coach makes ALL the difference! I swear by it!

See you on Saturday! Now we need your help, surely you'll be representing TWRC and NOT 7 Hills?? We gotta go grab that trophy! Tessie will be ready! :):)

Tiggs said...

Karen- if you ever have a free Saturday or Sunday this summer and want to go out ot the lake in Manvel to practice, just let me know. I'll round up Katy and Sarah and Christy and off we'll go!