Monday, November 10, 2008

It might be nice to be 13 again...


My son, Foo, is 13. His appetite is huge, but usually consists of a fairly healthy selection of foods. This weekend found some exceptions.

At the Children's Festival at our Church, the boy ate 4 or 5 hot dogs and then was served 3 more after LifeTeen! He also ingested 2 servings of blue cotton candy, some nachos, and a few tacquitos. Gross. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

Today he topped it all... literally. As I was finishing up with one of my students (a 14 year old boy), I noticed Foo was making a snack. I warned him that it was close to dinner time. He said it was a healthy snack, peanut butter and wheat bread. Not too bad... until he topped it off with whipped cream!! We are talking completely covered the thing in cream!! My student was quite impressed and I think he would have loved a bite or two!

I might be jealous if I wasn't so nauseated by it all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is extremely disgusting.

Mistyfied said...

Must be nice! Thanks for the advice on the Emergen C. I bought some last night and have already started taking it- just in time for the scratchy throat to start.

Pat said...

I've had many diet exceptions myself the past couple of weeks. I've logged 40+ miles each of the past 2 weeks and have somehow gained weight.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. I remember that once a upon a time I too was a garbage disposal. But that time is long gone.