Lem asked if she could go with me tonight as I headed out the door for my first track workout. I had no idea what to expect, but with Coach Bill at the helm, I knew it would be a great experience.
I won't pretend to understand what we did, but I did run hard for 6 mins. This translated to setting my speed workout pace at 8:00.
Lem was so cute running right behind me. Her pace came in at 8:25. I enjoyed having her there. I hope the other runners don't mind her tagging along. She really wants to run more, but it's been so hot and she is so little.
She has already told me that she wants to run the 1/2 marathon in 2009. She is amazing! I wonder if they'd let a 10 year old run it.
I look forward to seeing how all of this translates into my training. So much to learn, so much to improve upon. But for now...sleep.
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It will make sense very soon.I'll be explaining a lot of what we are doing on the discussion board this week. You did great....your daughter is so cute and is welcome all the time....we'll talk about longer runs for her...I'm pretty conservative with younger athletes so be prepared for me to talk you into 5K's for her.
If it weren't for Bill on Monday charting out directions form park to park, I might still be peddling in TW right now!
Sounds like a lot of fun for both of you! My daughter starts flag football today and she can hardly wait. We'll see if she gets interested in running at a later date or not.
Post a Comment