I am sitting on the couch with an ice pack strategically placed where no woman (or man for that matter) would honestly like to have one placed. The last mile, I felt a pull on the left inside (groin) and it got bad fast. I had to walk immediately and if I tried to run, the pain shot down the leg to the knee and to the back. Crap. The run was going so well. I was able to run my favorite route, Flintridge, with the hills. I love running those hills, but I must have done something wrong either run them too fast or something, I'm just not sure. I cut the route a bit short and limped in the last mile.
I am afraid to stretch it right now as it feels like I could make it worse.
The really stinky part is that I was really, really looking forward to hearing Kim Hager's talk today. She is such an inspiration and I was hoping to glean any information that I could from her. I hope I can get a chance to hear her again.
The other stinky thing is that Fish has his first basketball game today and I hope I can walk. It was an interesting ride home trying to step on the clutch with my leg in the shape it is in right now.
Say a prayer that this is short-lived. I've been doing so well for 11 weeks, I don't want to sit on the sidelines.
Total Miles: 7.90
Total Time: 1:26:20
Avg. HR: 172
Avg Pace: 10:57 (even with walking in the last mile)
Mile 1: 10:06
Mile 2: 9:46
Mile 3: 10:11
Mile 4: 10:53
Mile 5: 10:18
Mile 6: 9:50
Mile 7: 10:39
Mile 8: 15:07 (walking)
Total Miles for the Week: 17.5 miles
Weight 124.0
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A common injury from running a hilly course when haven't been running them is a groin pull or a pulled hamstring. They go away fast if you rest them and don't run through them. If you do go running, you should stay on flat ground which is easy to find in our next of the woods.
Post a Comment