Not for me, but for Lem. We headed out to the Track so that she could get in a bit of running tonight. She has a touch of a cold, so she wasn't really her perky self. But true to her form, she didn't complain.
It was interesting being out there and watching from the sidelines. I wasn't the only injured person hanging around. Another gal, Denise, was there nursing a foot fracture. She came out for the same reason I did. To be around some runners. Some others who understand who desperately we wanted to be pushing ourselves to our personal limits. Funny how that is a common thread among the runners I've met along the way.
After track, we made a quick stop at Academy to purchase some new running shoes for Lem. I had planned to bring her to Luke's this past weekend, but that didn't happen and she really needed the shoes. Her ankles were bothering her and I wanted to be sure that we stopped that asap!
The best news is that my "Stick" seems to have come through again! I was still walking as though I was in my final days of pregnancy today. It was getting quite annoying honestly. I used the stick for a good 15 mins and was amazed that afterwards, I felt 100 percent better. No goofy walk, no pain.
I'm not going to push the envelope just yet. I'll be sure to take tomorrow off and perhaps try a gentle, short jog on Thursday morning.
Now the real question is, why can't I sleep?
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe walk Thursday. Don't rush it.
Post a Comment