Thank you for the hearty welcome to the "official runner" world! LOL I have read quite a bit about the subject and can confirm two things...
1. My shoes are already a half-size larger
2. My nails were trimmed to less than short before this happened
So, I need to find out what caused this to prevent it in the future, though it may not be possible to figure it out. According to Jeff Galloway's article, just the mere pressure applied to the toe when running fast can cause the bruising. Also running in the heat and/or an increase in mileage can cause the same thing. I have experienced all of these things of late so who knows which caused it.
Honestly, it isn't so bad tonight. I'm kind of proud of it actually...LOL!
Though my vanity will probably win out and I'll paint the nails before too long. Something about ugly looking toes, I just can't handle it!
Howard! What kind of rest program does TENNIS fall under?!?! My goodness, I hope you heal quickly. Let's find another activity for you, hmmm, any ideas anyone?
I haven't really been able to catch the weather reports so if there is torrential rains in the morning, my run might have to be moved to a treadmill at the Y. Otherwise, I'll enjoy a cool, wet run at 5 am. Better get off to bed so I can wake up in time!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Somehow I missed your earlier post about your toe(s). I don't have pretty toes any more. Sandals and I are not a good match these days.
Did you end up getting any rain? Zero, zippo, nada, none. I couldn't believe it. Nothing at all?
I got my first-ever purple toenail in April from the biking portion of a Half Ironman. It still hasn't all gone away...
Post a Comment