Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thinkin'

Thinkin' I am so mad at myself right now! I can't believe how stupid I was today! A few factors have played into this injury and after reading through Kim's talk today, (thanks, Bill!) I know I needed to hear every word she had to say.

1. I have had a stomach thing going on for a few days, but still got up and ran on Thursday and again today.
2. I slept about 2 hours last night. I had no business running today, but I didn't feel tired and figured I could take a nap later in the day if I needed to.
3. I felt a slight twinge early in the run which I chose to ignore and thought I could run through. If fact, I did think I ran through it because it didn't bother me at all after the 2nd mile until I got off the hills at 7 miles.

So, I probably could have prevented this mess if I had only listened to my body. But I didn't. And now, who knows if this muscle pain is a big injury or a little one that will only need a few days of rest. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Another thing I was thinking about... How many of us that are running on either the Battling Bloggers team or the Texian Road Warriors are going to be running the Ten for Texas? I am betting there will be several of us and perhaps we can all get together for a quick hello either before or after the race. Any takers?

Off to practice some more RICE...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, we learn from times like this.

Rest...Ok, let me re-phrase that because in my mind...Moms never truly rest...stay off of your leg.

PS. The toenail-most likely you were running more on your toes during your track workout on Tuesday. This change in form could be enough to bruise the toenail.

-Kim

Barbara said...

Oh no! I sure hope it's nothing serious. It's so hard to tell when something is minor, or if it's going to turn into a problem.

Did you get to go to the game?

Hrunner said...

K - Hope you're feeling better today. I share your frustration; try to stay positive.