It was nice to meet up with the Trail group again last night. We ran at Burroughs Park on Sunday and last night we took on the Nature Preserve Trail.
In both locations, the horseflies were out in force. Apparently, runners are the buffet of choice! Even with bug spray on board, we were chased down by swarms of horseflies.
The run was great! We left from a local park and hit the Nature Preserve. It wasn't a long run, but the horseflies helped us to pick up our pace to make it a nice tempo run. We also has a good size hill to climb on the way back to the park, so it was a good workout.
This past weekend, I had the privilege of running with the inaugural Fall Woodlands Fit group. I was asked to be an assistant coach, and though I do not feel at all qualified to be called or considered a coach of any kind, I am so grateful to have the opportunity to run with these folks and share my experiences with those whom it may help.
The goal of the Fall group is to prepare the runners for the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon. I am registered for that as well as Houston. I did not intend to run Houston again, but I have registered on the off chance that I will. By the way, if you are considering registering for Houston, you might want to do so soon. They are over 61% sold right now.
On tap for this weekend is the interclub competition between 7 Hills and The Woodlands Running Club. Since I am a member of both, I will run and let the clubs figure out where my numbers should go. Both groups are full of wonderful people, so I could never pick one over the other.
Get out and RUN!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good running with you again last night....that was one of the bigger offseason groups that we've had in awhile. I guess people are gearing up for the regular Woodlands Fit season.
I may have to stick to concrete trails until the horseflies go whereever they go when they are not chasing us.
I would say 7 Hills...but I am biased!!
Post a Comment