Thursday, July 12, 2007

AM Humidity

I've had some readers ask about the humidity in the morning. I've been tracking it through a weather tool bar that I have installed and over the last week, I've noticed that the humidity in the morning is over 85%. For example, the temperature currently at 9 am is 79%. The humidity is 89%. That is just too saturated for my defective lungs.

Believe me, I WISH I COULD run in the morning. I usually do. I love getting up at about 4:30 or 5:00 and getting the exercise in for the day. This way I don't feel guilty taking time away from the family later in the day not too mention how productive I am for the remainder of the day.

You know how they say, "It's the humidity, not the heat"? For me, this is really true. If I had my way, every day would be 60 degrees with 30% humidity. Perfect running weather!

Happy Running! I hope to get mine in tonight, after the sun goes down and the heat index is under 90 degrees, LOL!!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I was struggling with my asthma this morning (actually every day this week I think). I did kickboxing at lunch, which is inside, and also struggled there.

The humidity is just very high right now I think, unfortunately regardless of the time of the day.

Cindy said...

Very intersting, Karen!
Yes, the humidity is really just a big fat hairy factor in SE Texas. Kinda like the snow is up north, or freezing temps.. you just have to take it as a factor.

I really commend you on your fortitude. Keep it up! And thank you for your support of me... I need it once in a while. I do good for a while then get lazy.

Barbara-- you are so right.. you can feel the humidity indoors, too. I always think I would love to workout in a cold room, with fans running and de-humidifiers... lab conditions! lol