Saturday, July 21, 2007

Woodlands Fit - Third Run

3.7 miles
Total Time: 36:02
Avg. Pace: 9:52

Mile 1: 9:51
Mile 2: 9:31
Mile 3: 9:53
Mile .70: 10:07 (crossing major intersection proved to be dangerous!)

Total Miles for the week: 9 (one run missed because of calf issues.)

Weight 128.0

Was supposed to be a 3.9 (4.0) mile run, but we cut a few corners and lost some distance. I felt pretty good today. I didn't know how the calf would hold up, but it did fine. I have a slight aching in it now, but nothing too bad.

I didn't feel like I was pushing myself too hard. I am finding that it is nice to run and talk with folks. I never thought I would enjoy that. I still love the alone time with my headphones on, but I am seeing that my pace is more consistent and my mind is more distracted from the run when I am running with the team.

Praying that Dirt Runner was right about the shoes and that my body will handle the running much better now.

Happy running!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Good job! So it sounds like your routes are more of a loop? We generally do an out-and-back because of the location where we meet.

I tend not to take my headphones on Saturday when I run with the group. I never know when I'll strike up a good conversation otherwise!

K said...

Yes, Barbara. The routes are loops at this point. I'm not sure what the higher mileage routes are like yet. They have the maps on the website, but I'm afraid to look. I'll scare myself out of running them! LOL