Total Time: 30:00
Total Mileage: 3.04
mile 1: 10:15
mile 2: 9:40
mile 3: 9:41
mile .04: :23
Avg pace: 9:52
Temp: 90 degrees, 50% humidity
The run felt pretty good despite the stifling heat and humidity. I waited until 7 pm to run, but it was still a bit too warm for me. The last three mins were the toughest. I didn't take any walk breaks so I was very happy and my times were much better than I thought they'd be.
I"ve really debated about running at 5 am, but the humidity is higher then and that is what affects my asthma the most. I may try to run Thursday morning because I have an evening appointment.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have a point. It's absolutely stifling some mornings. That's when I can fit it in, which is pretty much why I run early.
Hi Karen-
Is the humidity higher in the am? I think that is the coolest part of the day, though. I know like 5-6pm is the hottest.
Can you run at night? I am not sure about safety, but John and I used to run at 10pm sometimes in college. But then we stayed up and studied for a few more hours.
Gosh, it is hard working around the weather in Houston. I liked Ohio b/c it was cold and cold is good for running, at least for me. Who cares about snow as long as we didn't fall.
Hang in there! Cooler weather in a few short months!!
Post a Comment