Thursday, July 26, 2007

YUCK

Ok, I have proof that the Stick is working. How did I confirm this? Well, I forgot to use it tonight and my legs felt awful for the run. I couldn't pick up my pace at all and could only focus on what was hurting while running.

I did put my 35 mins in, but it wasn't pretty... consistent, but not pretty.

I think the dog was happy I was so slow tonight.

I did talk with Dirt Runner and Suzie at Luke's to get more information on the whole "nutrition while running" stuff that I was totally in the dark about. I feel much more enlightened now and decided to forgo the Gu. I tried some nuun tablets in my water and some soy chocolate milk for some protein right after my run. I was even able to down some peanut butter on whole grain bread after the run. I usually don't have the stomach to eat after I run for about an hour, but I have learned that I MUST get over this. Muscles need to be able to repair themselves and protien within the first 45 mins after the run is essential for the repair process.

Ran 35 mins. Total Miles: 3.33 Avg. Mile 10:32 Avg HR 182; 86%

Splits
Mile 1: 10:36
Mile 2: 10:11
Mile 3: 10:39
Mile .33: 10:39

And the humidity is back....

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like you got some great information!

Barbara said...

I have a stick; haven't used it in a while (I tend to forget I have it; I guess I like pain).

5 miles tomorrow - woo hoo!

I can't do soy milk. Ever. Just doesn't agree with me for some reason.

I generally don't eat for 2-3 hours after I run any "long" distance. I should, but I just...can't.