I thought I'd try something that Barbara had mentioned on her blog since today was supposed to be an "easy" recovery run. I walked after every mile for 30 seconds. Mile 2 I had to fumble with water bottles and mp3 players, headphones, and fuel belts that didn't seem to want to cooperate. Over all, I think the walk breaks helped me to add on 12 mins more than what I was "supposed" to run according to WoodlandsFit's schedule.
I am seriously considering running Sunmart in December. After studying the Trail group's schedule, I realized that I am "behind" in mileage if I want to be ready for a 50K in December. I am trying to decide if I should up my training days by one and join the Trail group for a long trail run on Sundays. I am a bit hesitant because I have been feeling pretty good (meaning no new injuries) for the past 6 weeks. I don't know if this is because I finally have the correct fit in shoes or because I am following the Woodlands Fit program, or a combination of both. I don't want to overdo it, but I DO want to run Sunmart. The coach for the Trail group suggested that I consider running the Rocky Raccoon 25K in November to help prepare me for Sunmart. I am worried that I might be biting off more than I can chew. Or that my husband might get tired of being so supportive. Balance, I told him. I need to remember balance. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows that balance does not exist in my world. Normal crazy people might run a marathon in their first year of running. Me, I am signing up for a marathon, an ultra, a relay race, and anything else I can find. Bill and Jon, I am currently shopping for a bike....
OCD... tis a good thing....
Total Mileage: 4.71 Total Time: 52:22 Avg HR 166
Mile 1: 10:49
Mile 2: 11:57
Mile 3: 10:55
Mile 4: 11:01
Mile .71: 7:39 (10:50 pace)
Avg Pace: 11:07
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Every Saturday after our run and the seminar, the head coach invites me to join the group for breakfast at Panera's.
It's not that I don't want to go; I do. He's a great guy, lots of fun people in the group.
But I have a 3-year old at home. Right here, right now - Panera's breakfast while they're all at home waiting for me doesn't work.
Some day. He'll be 9 and watching cartoons, oblivious that I ever left the house. His sister will be 15 and out doing her thing. And I'll be at Panera's for breakfast.
I would recommend running Rocky first. I thought I wanted to run the 50k last year (I do someday), but after Rocky I knew I wasn't ready. It will be a good check up race for you. If you run Rocky and feel great, go for the 50k.
here's my rocky report
http://tiggsintexas.blogspot.com/2006/10/rocky-raccoon-25k-race-report.html
Post a Comment