Literally. I decided to down a GU, (surprisingly, I am getting used to them and they aren't so bad now), then grabbed the dog and headed out the door tonight. I felt myself take off like a rocket (well, for me a rocket, for Rick, molasses) and kept telling myself, slow down, you're too fast. But I couldn't help it. I felt great. No hip click, no calf pain, just feeling good.
Total Miles: 3.7
Total Time: 36:43
Avg HR 181 (yeah, totally wrong, but hey, it was a tempo run...)
Avg Pace 9:50
Mile 1: 9:48
Mile 2: 10:17 (forced myself to slow down)
Mile 3: 9:55
Mile .7: 5:40/9:05 pace
Boy that was some GU!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go! I bet you felt great afterwards too!
I never think to take Gu before a tempo run; I tend to have it with me for anything longer than 10 or 12 miles or so, but truth be told I rarely take eat/drink anything other than Gatorade except for races.
I'd probably do better if I was more consistent with that.
Great job!
Post a Comment