I didn't die today! I was very apprehensive about today's run. I haven't run this distance before (well, maybe once with Dirt Runner, but I wouldn't call what I did that day running!). About 4.5 miles in, I was seriously thinking about turning in early, but a short walk break and some serious talking to myself, I picked it back up and even finished feeling better than ever.
The course mapped out came up a bit short, 5.88, so being my compulsive self, I had to run the full 6. It was a mental thing. I had to see the number 6 to show myself that I could do it. The head coach was telling us that we reached the end, but Ruth hung in there with me and let me satisfy my need to "complete" the run.
Thanks for all the good thoughts today. They helped me, I'm sure!
6 miles; Total Time: 1:01:49 Avg HR 173
Avg Pace: 10:17
Mile 1: 9:31
Mile 2: 10:00
Mile 3: 10:06
Mile 4: 10:42
Mile 5: 11:30
Mile 6: 9:50
I had three walk breaks, mile 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5. I was really struggling at this point, but after the last walk break, I felt a new energy and finished feeling energized.
Great stretching seminar after the run given by one of the coaches. Helped work out some of the residual soreness on my hip.
Total Miles for the Week: 17.5 (met my goal)
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great job! I read your post from last night just before I headed out. I was hoping you would have a good run, and sounds like you did!
We finish up in a very large parking lot (easily 1/2 mile in diameter). The few times my watch showed me short, I run all or a portion of the parking lot until I hear my watch beep at me.
Hi-
I think I found your blog through Pony's blog and I visit every now and then.
I laughed when I saw that you had to complete those 6 miles because I had the same thing happen in my group run today, too! I understand completely!
By the way, we just graduated our homeschooled daughter a year or so ago. I hope your homeschooling goes well! :)
Wow! You are such an inspiration to get fit! Good for you. I love reading these even if I'm not running along with you.
Post a Comment