Thursday, August 09, 2007

Year 42


I took Coach Bill's sage advice and only ran a slow gentle run tonight. Good thing I planned it that way because my legs were all but dead for this run.

My mind was a bit distracted which might have been part of the problem. The family was waiting (im)patiently for me at home to finish so that the festivities could begin.

I am one spoiled mommy, that is for sure.

I couldn't start my 42nd year without trying to put a few steps down. This also marks my 2nd year running. I'm looking forward to a healthy year and hope to meet many of you that blog alongside me.

Edited to add:

I ran about 2.5 miles. Avg pace 11:11

Yeah, I know... but I'm officially old now!

4 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

That looks like less than 42 candles on that cake. Is that cake sugar free as well?

Barbara said...

Belated happy birthday! My 42nd was a good year, but I moved on. 43...hasn't been as calm so enjoy this one - LOL!

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Pony and Petey said...

Girl, you look MAH-VA-LOUS!!! I'm right behind ya...hitting the big 4-2 right after the marathon in January = )

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

WalkSports.com said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Checking in at 40 here ... and will run the Houston Marathon at 41.

Jon