And carry a big stick! I headed out this evening for a run through the woods at a nearby park. I had never run there before and couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I tackled the trails alone. Not real smart, but believe me, with my mental state today, it was necessary.
So, as I ran through the unfamiliar trails, I got a creepy feeling when I saw a guy in a truck kind of eyeing me and then parking. Looked like he was waiting for something. So I picked up a big, big stick. And I envisioned whacking the heck out of him or anyone else that even tried to mess with me and disturb my run. Just the thought of doing damage to someone trying to hurt me somehow brought peace to my mind. I know that sounds really bad, but a girl has to think like that sometimes to stay safe.
After awhile, I dropped the stick and held my car key in my hand ready to be used in anyway necessary to protect myself. All of this was for nothing. No one bothered me, unless you count the three wild hogs I saw crossing my path. When I saw them, I turned around and headed back in. I've heard they are no fun to fight off.
The run was supposed to be an easy 25 mins. But it was so awesome out there tonight. The humidity seemed low and my legs just kept going. I thought of you, Barbara, not being able to run today, so I ran for you!
Total Time: 41:53
Total Mileage: 4.1
Avg Pace: 10:15
Mile 1: 10:20
Mile 2: 10:03
Mile 3: 10:05
Mile 4: 10:33
leftovers: 10:25 pace
I liked the run out there, but I would rather be a bit safer next time.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwwww....thanks! You know, I've only had that creepy feeling once but it was very close to that.
Fortunately I have a big contingency of people to run with early in the mornings, or at least starting close to when I start so it's not normally a concern.
But it definitely freaked me out when it happened - my adrenaline was out of control.
I keep a baseball bat in our garage. So if we ever get an intruder, all I need is A) for them to meet me at the garage and not somewhere else in the house, and B) make sure I get to the bat before they do.
My legs are toast today and I haven't even done weights yet.
Maybe you should consider one of those personal tasers- I've heard they can fend off the creeps. Whenever I see a strange dog, I usually pick up a rock and that seems to get the message across. We back up to a reserve area in Alden Brige but have never seen one of those wild pigs (yet)- bet that will put a spring in your step.
look at those even splits !
Post a Comment