Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Morning Run


I was able to make it out the door this morning, thanks to the neighbor's doggies...again at 4:30 am! This could get ugly before too long. I am a dog lover, but I do not like dogs barking constantly.

I went out for an easy 40 min. run with the specific goal of staying within the correct HR zone. I took Hannah with me to slow me down a bit. Added in some slower, more reflective music, thanks to Aaron Shust, and I was able to avg a HR of 164. That is the lowest it has been in some time! Unfortunately, it is still in Zone 3, but I've been running every run in Zone 4 or 5!

I do think that my HR is higher than it would be normally because I use my inhaler before each run. I know that this increases the rate. I've thought about trying to run without it, but I am worried that I could have a problem. I may try it on my next easy run and just carry the inhaler with me for an emergency.

Total Time: 42:27

Total Miles: 3.95 (I tried to run the last bit to hit 4, but as I ran past the house, the dog put her brakes on and wouldn't budge! It was very funny!)

Avg Pace: 10:46

Avg HR: 164

Mile 1: 11:11
Mile 2: 10:31
Mile 3: 10:35
Mile 4 (almost) 10:47

Coach Bill
posted a wonderful post on his blog. Take a moment to check it out.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Karen, that's exactly what I do - carry it with me in the pocket on my hydration belt. I don't typically use it before I run unless I just really need to.

You're right though; that absolutely will send your heart rate up.

So remind me again about the dogs? Are they outside all night, or do the neighbors just let them out at 4:30 and leave them there?

Tiggs said...

my inhaler does the same thing. I have to use it before I start and I can always feel the HR increase coming.