Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday Hills

I hit the hells, er I mean, hills today. For those of you who know of the comedian Jeff Dunham, you might appreciate this.

While I was running, I kept hearing Peanut in my head saying, "I'm in HEEEELLLL!" No, I am in SAH-NAH-TAH-AH-NAH!"

According to the experts, for every degree over 65 degrees, we are supposed to add on time to our pace so as not to stress our bodies too much.

Well, when it's 101 degrees, my official pace qualifies me to be lying in bed asleep!!

Instead of sleeping, I hit an 11:07 pace for 30 mins. I couldn't crank out 45 today. It just wasn't in me. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the Rocky report, Cassie. I was actually considering using Rocky as my barometer for Sunmart. If I feel well after Rocky, I'll be sure to do Sunmart. If I'm not ready, I'll run the Marathon this time around and Sunmart next time.

I think I can live with that.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Over 65 degrees? Don't we get to add that in every day for Houston marathon training?

Actually, I think it was our 18 miler last year that was actually a little chilly. That's the only run I remember where I wore shorts in Texas though.

I think we get to add on a cushion for being over 40 too.