Saturday, July 05, 2008

8.3 miles in 83 degree heat

Got in a little more than 8 today with the Fit group. I saw some familiar faces today that were running with the Houston training group, (those training for the Houston marathon within the Woodlands Fit group.)

I didn't meet Christy though... I looked around, but I just couldn't figure out who you were, sorry! I did see a lady with a baby jogger, but she had a little girl, 3 weeks old. I was very inspired by her!

I just received my August issue of Runner's World and discovered a wonderful surprise! Bill and Dana-Sue Crews have an article written about them, with their beautiful children! It is a nice article with some great pictures. Congratulations Crews family!

I felt great today. My pace was slowed when I realized that several of my runners were no longer within eye shot of me.

I am officially back off of sugar. I've lost 3 lbs since starting this again. Sugar really is my enemy!

Total Time: 1:23:50 ; Total Mileage: 8.3 miles ; Avg. Pace: 10:06 ; Avg HR: 172

Weight: 126 ; Calories Burned: 809


Mile 1: 9:35
Mile 2: 9:20
Mile 3: 9:54
Mile 4: 10:01
Mile 5: 11:17
Mile 6: 10:06
Mile 7: 10:37
Mile 8: 10:05
Mile .3: 9:49

3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Karen, I looked for you too, but couldn't find you. When I asked Bill about you, he said you had just left. Maybe next time!

Anonymous said...

Sweet times considering the heat and humidity. You're making me jealous.

K said...

What Saints can I start calling on to get you out there, JD?