Saturday I didn't run as I didn't think my hip would be able to last. Instead I helped a bit at the RTW as the Fit folks ran for their time trial. It was interesting being there at the finish to see the runners come across. I've never actually seen a runner take first place, so that was a neat thing to experience.
It was pretty hot. Several of the runners were feeling ill at the end of the run. I saw so many people that I knew and I loved cheering them on! It was a lot of fun.
I didn't run Sunday either. Again, I felt like the hip needed the rest. Maybe I am just a wimp, but I am not willing to risk an injury that will bench me for 8 weeks like it did last season.
Monday, after learning that our friends' son died, I was not in the mood to run, but I needed to. I ran hard, fast, and mad. My time was faster than it has been in awhile. It was a good run, but at the end, I could feel the hip screaming at me.
Yesterday, I awoke to a nice limp and pain from my low back to my knee. I headed into the chiropractor's office to have my self fixed up. He did a marvelous job, but I decided to let the adjustment settle. I am going to an easy run this evening to see how it feels.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment