Wednesday, July 30, 2008

89 degrees at 8:45 pm

The temps are really something right now. I know I should be used to this, but I am not. I guess I'm used to them, I just don't like them.

Waited til 7:30 to get out there tonight. Scheduled an easy 4 miles at recovery pace (10:35).

I felt great most of the run. The last part of the 3rd mile, I was a bit winded and my legs were not happy. I stretched for a bit, finished the run and felt better. I'm planning to ice the calves tonight.

I got in 4.2 miles at a pace of 10:39. Not too far off base.

I also got in my push-ups today. I actually challenged one of my students (16 year old boy... makes me feel really old!) He accepted the challenge and did very well on his first day of week one. Glad I am on week three else he might question whether or not I should be his brain trainer!!

I got all of my push-ups in and maxed out at 17 on the final level.

Only 3 months left of this lovely heat! Enjoy it while it lasts!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Be careful in the heat; we got another confirmed case of shingles in our weekday running group!

Anonymous said...

I feel another week (Level) going down!