Last night was supposed to be a 5 miler with 3 miles at marathon pace, 9:08. I ran a 1 mile warm-up, 1 mile at marathon pace, and then I crashed and burned. I ran a recovery 1.5 miles and then walked the rest of the way home.
Later I realized I was running in close to 100 degree temps... dork.
What a difference 24 hours makes! I ran the 2 miles to the track and felt fresh, my pace was 9:15.
4 800s with a 4:10 goal pace
1. 3:52 - oops
2. 4:10
3. 4:13
4. 4:00
I ran the 2 miles home at a much slower pace...10:49.
Total miles for the week thus far: 16.2; total for July: 121
I have slacked off on Push-ups this week, but tomorrow, I will be doing them first thing. I don't want to lose the progress I've made so far. Besides, I'm hoping that I'll advance a level and actually catch up with JD! (fat chance of that happening, but a girl can dream, can't she??)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your "much slower pace" is what my fastest pace is right now. LOL! Considering it's so darn hot, I think you did a great job!
On second though, that is faster than my fast pace right now. Hehehe.
Ye of little faith. I will be on Level Four for several weeks. I am not leaving Level Four until I can complete the whole Advanced Schedule.
Post a Comment