Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good day for something new!

Foo and I have been doing the push-up challenge for 3 weeks now, and we are actually repeating week 2 because we felt like we needed the extra week.

Yesterday, I did 22 push-ups! This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but thinking back to my initial test, I could only do 2!! WOW! I am feeling good about building my upper body strength. I have always had an extremely weak upper body.

I have no plans to turn into a she-man or anything, but knowing I can open the jelly jar without help is kind of nice!

Today, I finally did it. I BOUGHT A BIKE! I found a nice mountain bike online, a Trek 3900. I'll post pictures later. It was a sweet deal, and I am so excited!! I can now consider doing those adventure races the trail group is always talking about. Of course I do need to learn how to shift, when to shift, etc. I don't really get it, but hopefully, there isn't a huge learning curve.

The running is feeling good right now. I did a track workout on my own tonight. Foo rode alongside me to the track and then teased me, er I mean, cheered me on as I completed 6 out of 8 planned 400's. My intended pace was 1:56 - 2:00.


I warmed up by running the 2 miles to the track and cooled down the same way.

Warm up pace: 10:05

400s:

1:51
1:48
1:50
1:44
1:55
1:57

Cool down pace: 11:26

Total Miles: 5.5

6 comments:

Streaker said...

What ever happened to plain ole runners? I'm starting to feel inadequate.

Anonymous said...

22 push ups - that's like an 1100% improvement. Rock on!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the bike! You know, now you run...you have a bike...you siwm....I think that spells triathlon! :)

Shifting is no big deal once you get the hang of it. Just remember that the goal is to keep a constant cadence (RPMs), so adjust the gears as necessary to keep spinning at the same rate.

Pat said...

Congrats on the bike and the great track workout!

TX Runner Mom said...

Congrats on your bike!!!

Barbara said...

That is awesome! I need to get back on to my pushups. Their site was temporarily down the other day when I was feeling inspired.