Saturday, July 26, 2008

Loooonnnggg Run

After missing 3 days of running this week, Mon, Thurs, and Fri, I decided it was probably a good idea to add a few miles onto todays run. I had a scheduled 14 miler, added two more for good measure. It felt great to run that long, but it was a very humid morning.

Last night, I took the older kids to a wonderful production of Romeo and Juliet put on by students from UT. The play is acted out in a beautiful setting on the other side of Brenham in an old barn. If you are looking for something to do, I highly recommend Shakespeare in Winedale. You won't be disappointed. The only drawback was the two-hour drive home. I arrived back in TW at 12:30 AM knowing I had a 4:30 AM rise time planned. I'd safely bet that I got about 2.5 hours of solid sleep. I was even up before the alarm went off!

Pete and I ran the 3.5 from my house to Luke's, met up with the Fit group, ran 9 with them, and then ran the 3.5 back home. We were drenched. The run home was more walking than the rest of the day. Pete was zapped, and though I felt good, I hung with him because that's how we do things. He pushes me, I push him. It's a good team. We both know when to let the other have the rest that they need. It's usually me that needs the rest.

The Fit running was great. There's a nice group of us that are really liking the 9:45 - 10:15 pace we are running. What's funny is that some of these runners were running much faster paces last year, but are happier to run a more realistic long run pace this year. It's great getting to know the ladies. It's even greater watching them all look out for one another.

Post-run, I had a nice shower, a wonderful omelette, and finished the morning with a two-hour nap. Heaven, I tell you, Heaven!

Total Time: 2:42:40; Total Mileage: 15.50; Avg. Pace:10:31; Avg HR: 158 (I'm loving this lower HR!)

Weight: 128; Calories Burned: 1492!! (why don't I show any weight loss yet??!!)

Weekly Mileage: 30.00 running; 6 mile biking; Monthly Mileage: 104 running

Mile 1: 9:25
Mile 2: 9:15
Mile 3: 10:53
Mile 4: 9:59
Mile 5: 10:15
Mile 6: 9:54
Mile 7: 10:28
Mile 8: 9:54
Mile 9: 10:38
Mile 10: 10:04
Mile 11: 10:06
Mile 12: 10:42
Mile 13: 10:47
Mile 14: 13:33
Mile 15: 12:10
Mile 16: 9:48

4 comments:

Pat said...

Great job on the long run. I went to Market Street around 9 but missed breakfast with our weekday group.

Barbara said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Plus I haven't been to Brenham in a long time.

I'm jealous of the nap though; right after my shower we got busy replacing curtains in the 4-year old's room (bright green just doesn't go with his new Astros theme) and then off to Lowe's.

Next up is spackling over nail holes that we created today - LOL!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You ran 16 miles today?! Wow! That is a looooonnnnngg run!

SP said...

You haven't shown any more weight loss, because you are a rail and there is no more to lose!!!

Seriously - you look amazing!!!