Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wimped out Thursday Night

I wimped out tonight. I just couldn't drag my sorry-self out for a run tonight. I have an early morning swim and a very tired mommy is resting on these keys right now.

***** WE INTERUPT THIS BLOG POST TO WARN ALL MALE READERS THAT THIS NEXT SECTION MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO ******
Edited to remove previous material as it was too much info for everyone! LOL

******BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST ***********

I ran the track on Tuesday night and felt great. I ran the 2 mile warm-up there, did four 800s, and then ran the 2 miles home for a cool down. Total of 6 miles.

Here are the times for the 800s (goal pace was 4:15)

1. 4:08
2 4:14
3. 4:12
4. 4:04

I was happy with my efforts and felt great that night and yesterday.

Last night I was able to get out for a 4.5 mile run with Pete. Our average pace was a nice recovery rate of 10:10. (Should have been a bit slower for me, but Pete is really getting so much faster!)

I have some mileage on the books for this weekend, so a night off is probably not going to hurt too much...

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I am no help with your problem. Fortunately it's not been an issue for me.

Hey, looks like you posted some pretty quick paces there!

Evan Guy said...

Thanks for sharing... :):)