Ok, before any ugly rumors start, I need to let you all know that I am not planning a Tri at this point. I have a distant goal (late 2009 or 2010) in my mind, but I am no where near ready to even consider trying a tri.
First of all, I can't figure out how to breathe properly when swimming. The stroke is getting better, but I can't swim a 200 without a break, and even then, I am winded. My instructor says I am quite fast, but I can't help but feel like I am going to die! I was swimming a 40 yard in 23 secs, and then resting til the 30 sec mark, and doing another. After 4 of those, I was exhausted. I know my endurance will increase, but I am only getting to the pool once or twice a week, so it will take some time before I can improve.
Secondly, I now own a mountain bike. I love big, fat tires. They go over stuff, and as clumsy as I am, I need them. I am not sure how ridiculous I would look with my big, fat tires in a skinny tire race. Heck, if I could have training wheels, I'd consider those too! I have seen too many injuries from bike accidents to ever really feel safe riding one, especially on the street where I think some motorists feel it's a game to run cyclists off the road!
So, no tri for now. My efforts are directed toward the ultras until I get my 100 miler. I will throw in an adventure race this fall. No swimming involved. At least as long as I don't fall out of the boat...
Today's run went well. I am loving the Camelbak! Now that I know how to wear it, it is really wonderful. It's not heavy, I have plenty of hydration, and I can carry my cell phone, sports beans, and mp3 (if I need to).
I'm really trying to keep the LSD a LSD, and it shows in my HR. I have noticed a huge drop in my HR lately. Not sure what that means, but it must be good!
This week I was going for 32 - 33 miles. I came up a bit short at 31.1, but I think my 8 mile bike ride should count for something.
I feel like my pace is getting more consistent on the long runs. Hopefully I can continue to remain consistant.
Total Time: 1:55:20 ; Total Mileage: 11.07; Avg. Pace: 10:25; Avg HR: 160
Weight: 126.0; Calories Burned: 1094
Weekly Mileage: 31.1; Monthly Mileage: 74
Mile 1: 10:17
Mile 2: 9:54
Mile 3: 10:39
Mile 4: 10:15
Mile 5: 10:39
Mile 6: 10:33
Mile 7: 10:16
Mile 8: 11:01
Mile 9: 10:19
Mile 10: 11:03
Mile 11: 9:50
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad the Camelbak is working for you; it was a 6 bottle morning with my fuel belt today.
Oh C'mon!! You can do it! Tri ain't no sweat!
Glad you're liking the Camelback....I can do the strap modification if you would like! I've done it for my running buddies in San Antonio....In fact I'll bring the requisite materials/tools to the RTW race on July 26th (my birthday!)....
Oh yeah, I forgot, you're doing your own deal on Saturdays....
I just saw your email. Bummer. But looks like I was sweating and eating miles about the same time you were.
K, I thought you were someone else but I followed your link to your blog and now I see, you're someone else. :D Well, very cool. Nice to meet you. I'll add you to my sidebar. Later.
I've read here and there that it is better to train off of HR than pace.
Post a Comment