Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Fitness

Thursday evening I attempted a run, but it was more of a recovery walk/run. I needed to keep the pace very slow and I managed to keep about an 11:00 pace after the walking was added in. My calves were a bit tender after Weds. track.

The Trail Group was kind enough to wait for me as I was running a few minutes behind, and then waited for me to finish. They are a great group of people!

Once I got home, I iced the calves and took some advil. They seem to be feeling better, but tomorrow's run will be a slow one.

Today was a totally different attack for me. I hit the pool for my 3rd of 4 scheduled swim lessons. After an hour with her, I was so tired, but had too much to do around the home office so no nap was allowed... so sad!

At about 3 pm, Lem and I headed out for my inaugural bike ride on my new bike. I had to head over to the bike shop to have two bottle holders added on. I also picked up a couple of insulated bottles that fit nicely into the holders. Lem tired out pretty quickly, so I dropped her back off at home and decided to head to a local trail. I got about 1/2 way there and realized that I needed to get home for a special night with some friends. I was late in getting home, but they understood.

I rode a total of 7.5 miles in 45 mins. It was so nice to fly through the neighborhoods and the miles just ticked by!! My average speed (after dropping Lem off) was about 11 mph. If my running could be as fast...

Fun day, but I am whipped and have a 10 mile run in the morning. Off to bed!

2 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Ahh YES!! I see exactly where all of this is headed!! SCHWEET! :):)

Anonymous said...

My gosh woman - are you going to the dark side and considering a Tri?