Last season I was plagued with yucky Thursday runs. Last night was no exception. They have returned.
A few contributors to the yucky run were:
1. Trying out my new hydration system, a flashflo camelbak. It was bouncing around the whole time and driving me nuts. I'll give it another shot, but if I can't get it right, I am sending that puppy back.
2. My calves were pretty tight the whole run. I needed to keep my pace much slower (which is what I was supposed to have done earlier this week). About the last 3/4 mile, they started to feel better and I was able to finish at a decent pace.
This morning, Foo and I hit the pool for our lesson. The calves were still pretty tight, but now they feel great. As much as I have been fearful of committing to swimming, I will admit, my body feels so much better after I am done.
Amber started timing me a bit today, nothing like a little pressure to make me crazy. I have no idea what is considered fast/slow/or otherwise. I was able to swim 40 yards in an average of 20 - 23 secs. How does this translate? No clue. Her pool is about 5 yards short of a typical pool.
Here are the numbers for last night:
Total Time: 45:59; Total Mileage: 4.4; Avg. Pace: 10:25; Avg HR: 180
Weight: 126.5; Calories Burned: 424
Weekly Mileage: 14; Monthly Mileage: 34
Mile 1: 9:28 (thought this would be my warm-up pace, lol)
Mile 2: 10:30
Mile 3: 11:02
Mile 4: 10:55
Mile .4: 9:45
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Swimming 40 yards in 20 seconds is VERY fast. The women's world record for the 50 meter freestyle is 23.25 seconds. 40 yards in 20 seconds translates to you swimming 50 meters in 27.3 seconds, only 4 seconds off the world record.
I don't want to sound doubtful, but I suspect the pool you're swimming in isn't 40 yards. And if it is, and you're sustaining 20 seconds per 40 yards -- we need to get you swimming competitively immediately!
LOL! I'll have to double check that then. Lord knows I am not that good after 2 lessons!
Her pool is 20 yards long, and I am doing two laps for a total of 40 yards.
I will say, when working out at the other pools, that extra 5 yards seems quite long!
Too bad the camelbak wasn't comfortable; it looked really cool.
Ask Scott M. how long it took him to get used to it. I never liked them until I saw Scott use his for a big advantage at TIR.
Post a Comment