Sunday, July 13, 2008

Huntsville makes me Happy!

Edited to add: I just realized that I missed the 7 Hills Meeting yesterday! I have been looking forward to it for months now! UUGGHHH!


I love running in Huntsville! I feel so good once I am done, and the miles tick by much quicker, even running at a slower pace. I figured out how to properly wear the Camelbak, so I am keeping it and I believe it will serve me well.

I had the pleasure of running with Liz Berry today. In addition to the wonderful trails, I had great company! We knew that we would be running a very slow pace today as we both ran yesterday. We made it a point to walk at every mile marker which helped keep our pace where we wanted it.

Total Time: 2:01; Total Mileage: 10.0; Avg. Pace: 12:06; Avg HR: 164 (another nice low hr for me!)

Weight: 127.0 ; Calories Burned: 931

Weekly Mileage: 10; Monthly Mileage: 53

Mile 1: 13:27
Mile 2: 12:54
Mile 3: 10:49
Mile 4: 13:05
Mile 5: 13:44
Mile 6: 12:23
Mile 7: 13:24
Mile 8: 12:31
Mile 9: 11:04
Mile 10: 12:12

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used a camelback for a marathon before. It did not come off until about Mile 21 and boy was I happy.

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

I'm thinking about purchasing one myself. What's the trick?

K said...

I found that if I wear the pack higher than what I was, it works very well. I was wearing low on my waist/hips. It is made to be worn on the small of the back.

I have a bruised on my hip bone from wear I tried wearing it on Saturday.

Evan Guy said...

I would MUCH rather carry my own fluid in a marathon than relying on water stations!

I get gastro-instestinal issues (porta potty stops and upset stomach) (I know, TMI (too much info)) if I go with GU...The best for me is Gatorade/water mix...

I like the Camelback (despite the disadvantage of carrying extra mass)because I'm not getting caught up in the water stops, not trying to drink from a cup, not STRESSING about "where's the next water stop".....for me, the Camelback's THE way to go! And if you're in-tune with how much water/gatorade you'll need, you don't have to fill it completely...It's comforting to know you've got YOUR fluid recipe with you at anytime, NOT nasty water-stop water...my 2 cents worth...

26.2 Princess said...

I'm glad you found my blog, and I look forward to keeping up with yours!