After 3 days of little to no sleep, my body crashed last night and I didn't move a hair until 10:30 this morning. Crazy.
I've had a very difficult time sleeping this week. This happens sometimes, but this week was especially bad. Over 3 days, I had 2 hours of psuedo-sleep each night. On top of my over-active mind that tends to kick into high gear at 2 am, I also have had the pleasure of a screeching, barking dog right across the street from me.
This has led me to think extremely violent, let's say, un-Catholic-like thoughts. Not necessarily about the dog, but their owners.
Unfortunately, my sleeping in caused me to be a no-show for the Trail run this morning. I had promised someone that I would run with her at 7 and I didn't make it. That is very un-nice on my part. I hope she understands and she'll let me run again with her another day.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gotta recharge the batteries! I don't know if you were going to run trails with Suzie or elsewhere...Suzie's run didn't happen, we joined up with TWRC for a TOUGH 10 miles...FAST people!
Glad you're rested!
I'm glad you finally caught up; that's usually the way it is with me too - if I had a hard time sleeping, then it's usually multiple days in a row until I finally reach the point of being non-functional.
Everyone (I think literally everyone except one) on our street has at least one dog, so that works in our favor. I hope.
Glad that you got to catch up on your sleep. Your early start buddy ran just fine by herself this morning; I think she got between 13 and 14 in today. HSP was very nice this morning.
Overactive brain at night - oh man, can I relate! It's so frustrating. I'm not a big medicine fan but one Tylenol PM works wonders for me when I need it. I'm also a very light sleeper so we have a small floor fan and we turn it on low. It's just enough ambient noise to drown out the dogs and other outside noises but I can still hear the kids.
Barking dogs - well, I can relate to that too. We have a very funny/sad dog story that your post reminded me of. I'll post it on our blog soon.
Take care, glad you got some sleep!
Post a Comment