The humidity returned just in time for our 14 miles this morning. Even with all the rain we've had this week, I was hoping for a shower to cool us off about half-way through.
We had a good time jumping tree limbs, snakes, and attack squirrels on the path today. It was nice to be back with the group after missing last week's run. It was quite funny watching some of the girls experimenting with Gu and Beans. They had never used them before and watching the expressions on their faces was a real hoot! I remember when I thought I would never be able to eat that stuff. Now, I make sure I have plenty on hand!
I tried out some new sports beans today. Watermelon flavored with caffeine! They were quite tasty and the caffeine, while not something I usually indulge in, helped keep me going quite well. Most of the run, I had to pull the group back to a Long Run pace. We kept hitting just below tempo runs. I like to blame it on Pete, but I know I was guilty of running too fast as well.
The last few miles, we could feel the fatigue setting in. We took two short walk breaks and enjoyed the conversation with one another. A great run overall.
Total Time: 2:27:30; Total Mileage: 14.19; Avg. Pace: 10:24; Avg HR: 157!!
Weight: 125.5; Calories Burned: 1403 (guess I burned off some of that Burger I ate last night)
Weekly Mileage: 35.63; Monthly Mileage: 91
Mile 1: 9:58
Mile 2: 9:58
Mile 3: 10:21
Mile 4: 10:10
Mile 5: 10:10
Mile 6: 10:28
Mile 7: 9:58
Mile 8: 10:13
Mile 9: 9:51
Mile 10: 10:11
Mile 11: 11:15 walk break
Mile 12: 10:31
Mile 13: 12:12 walk break
Mile 14: 10:32
.19: 9:00/pace
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Watermelon...and caffeine?! Yum!
Stout, stout, stout!! Go get 'em! You make it seem so easy!...
10:24 pace in the humidity - looking good.
Watermelon and caffeine - ugh...
How long is your group running next Sat?
Post a Comment