Sunday, August 31, 2008

SSHHPMR

Short, Slow, Hot, Humid, Painful, Miserable Run. Ok, not totally miserable. I was with Lem! We made it over to the new Smoothie Factory where she was able to get a nice smoothie. I passed on the smoothie today because I still had to run back. I did sneak a sip or two and it was delicious!


Lem on my new bike enjoying a sip of her smootie

A new favorite place, which took root in my old favorite place, which is right next door to my guilty pleasure place.



OK, I'll admit it. I am a very biased mom and I think she is cute!!

One of the owners was running the blenders today and what a sweet, sweet lady she is. She offered me a bottle of water anytime I need it and kindly filled my bottle with ice chips. You gotta love her! The only negative I could see was the number of muscle magazines and men's health magazines lying around. I was with my little girl and sometimes, those publications include articles and advertisements that she (nor anyone) should not view...

I only had 4 near misses today and one really ticked off lady honk at me because I stopped to let her pass. Go figure.

5 miles, 10:51 pace. Closing the month of August with 141 miles. It was so humid, I felt like I was inhaling pudding! Dramatic, aren't I???

What do you expect from the ghost runner??!!

3 comments:

Woodlands Runner said...

Ghost runner? Is that because you are there one minute and gone the next? Or you just don't tan...

K said...

It's the, "Are you wearing white hose?" comments that I usually get that lends itself to the "ghost runner" title. My speed, or lack thereof has nothing whatsoever to do with it! LOL

Barbara said...

I think she is cute too! I'm sure it was hot for her in the helmet, but what a great role model she is to do that.

I didn't run on Sunday so I missed that humidity. I didn't think it was "as" bad today, but my watch told me otherwise - go figure.