Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Running with Edouard and Pat

Today seemed like a perfectly good day to skip a scheduled run. And who would blame me? I mean; afterall; there was a tropical storm making his presence known.

And then I got that email from DirtRunner... 4 simple little words...

"Don't forget to run!" ugh


Thank goodness for those gentle kicks in the pants. That's a good friend for you.

I quickly dressed, packed the hydration, and headed out the door for a run on Flintridge Hills. I also through in a loop around the Nature Trail for good measure. I made 5.8 of my scheduled 6 miles.

I felt great hitting the hills. I was able to get one mile at marathon pace. I slowed myself down for the rest of the miles. Pat was kind enough to run the Nature Trail with me. We made sure to stay on the trail this time!

The best part about tonight's run was that I could see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. That tunnel called summer in Houston. With tonight's temperature being 20 degrees cooler than what we have been running in the last few weeks, I can see that once fall is truly here, things are going to get much easier and much more pleasant. And like JD pointed out, humidity has it's benefits!

I was able to do Day 1 of Week 4 for the Push-up challenge. I noticed tonight that there is now a nice little button I'll be able to put on my blog if/when I finish this challenge. I can't wait!! I was able to do 16-13-13-11-20. Not as many as JD, but a huge improvement from where I was just a few short weeks ago.

I must admit, I've noticed a difference in my core and my arms. That's a nice benefit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you using binoculars to see the end of Houston's summer? Doesn't that normally happen in the middle of October! :)

David said...

Pushups! My triceps were major sore after I did a bunch one day last week. Now I'm inspired to do more!

Tiggs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Happy Birthday Karen! :) Hope you have a good morning run as well!!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I need you to come in and post today so I can wish you birthday greetings on your birthday post of the day.

I hope you like hot weather for your birthday!