Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Working on the Endurance

Trying to increase my endurance is going better than expected this week. I am feeling good overall, in spite of my troubles sleeping. I am continuing to have difficulty sleeping more than about 2 hours a night.

I've had restless legs since I was about 20. I never really let it get to me and have been able to control it through exercise. If I exercise, I can keep it in check. Well, for whatever reason, now, the exercise does not seem to be helping. I can't figure out why the legs are so irritated, but I am trying to focus on what I can do to alleviate the symptoms.

I found a homeopathic remedy yesterday and tried it last night. It seemed to work, so I am hoping that I'll get through this without much more difficulty. In doing research on RLS, I found this guy doing a 75 mile run solo to raise awareness about RLS.

The lack of sleep did catch up with me this weekend which gave me reason to look into this condition a bit more seriously.

I ran last night 8.5 miles at a 10:06 pace and 8.2 miles tonight at a nice and easy 10:43 pace.
Tonight, Lem and I saw many critters on the trail. It was dusk when we began to see fireflies! I hadn't seen those since I was a young child. It was so neat!! Then we saw a HUGE Water Moccasin!!
He was patiently waiting for his dinner to hop by... a cute little bunny that we saw about 100 feet from the snake. Needless to say, we were ready to get off the trail and get back home.

I am shooting for close to 50 miles this week. This is all in efforts to reach my goals this fall and winter.

No comments: