Saturday, August 02, 2008

Just in Case You are Wondering...

It's still hot, even at 5 am! The sweat was dripping off me 1 mile into the run. Me, the one who never used to sweat! Dripping. On one hand, I love it. It feels great! On the other hand, it's kind of gross. But only other runners can appreciate that wonderful sweaty, exhausted, leg-aching kind of day that we get up so early for.

Pete and I left my house at about 5 this morning. He, after a late night flight in from Denver, me after a poor night of sleeping as I tend to worry about stuff at 1 in the morning. It's what I do best.

We had planned to run 18 today. 11 with the Yellow group, adding 3.5 each way from my house to the Y. It was a long and tedious run after about our 9th mile. We lost Jon, and I just had a gut feeling that he didn't make a left when he should have. Thankfully, Beth graciously rode her bike to go seek him out, and though he was not found until later, I felt okay continuing forward knowing that others were looking for him. I still stick to my promise... no one is left behind. Jon was recovered safely, albeit it a bit more salty than when he originally started. It was great to see him! I wish I had been able to chat with him a bit more. Waverly was also there for support and she has gotten so tall this summer! She is taller than me now. Jon, watch out... she is gorgeous!! Looks like Mark and Rick can take up a business building moats at our home, Rick's and yours!!

Pete and I decided to cut the 11 down to 10 as we were both feeling the run take it's toll. As we headed back to the Y, I agreed that this was the smart choice.

We headed back out for the 3.5 miles back to the house. These miles were much slower as we were both we pretty whipped. I was having some side pain, Pete some calf cramping.

Once I was home, I had a nice stretch, shower, and a brief snooze. Boo was pretty grumpy as he still has a bad cold. Mommy-duties had to take priority.

Total Time:3:10; Total Mileage:17.30; Avg. Pace: 10:30ish; Avg HR: 153

Weight: 125; Calories Burned: 1670!!

Weekly Mileage: 43.7; Monthly Mileage: 18.00

Mile 1: 9:36
Mile 2: 9:40
Mile 3: 10:04
Mile 4: 9:18

With Yellow Group - running a 10:15 - 10:30 pace

Mile 5: 10:17
Mile 6: 10:12
Mile 7: 10:31
Mile 8: 10:10
Mile 9: 10:35
Mile 10: 10:03
Mile 11: 12:26
Mile 12: 12:04
Mile 13: 10:13
Mile 14: 12:01

Trek home

Mile 15: 10:43
Mile 16: 14:05 - YIKES! Lots of walking this mile...
Mile 17: 11:20
leftovers: 10:44

PUSH UP CHALLENGE - I did my push-ups last night. Total of 77 after completing the level. One more day this week. I did 15 - 14 - 14 - 12 - 21. I gave 6 extras at the end. Still on the Lightest level of the all the levels, but I'm ok with that! I saw what JD did and I might keel over if I tried to complete that level.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy. Good run(s) considering the conditions. I can't wait to get back out there!

WalkSports.com said...

Knowing that you walked a lot in that one mile makes me feel less bad about my troublesome 8.25 miles - including my attempt to do Run The Woodlands on a non-RTW Saturday!

WalkSports.com said...

The humidity was a little rough. I've run in hotter temperatures recently and didn't feel as bad as I did out there on Saturday.