Those of you have been reading my blog pretty regularly know how yucky my Thursday runs usually are. I suck wind bad. Plain and simple, I've come to accept it, and truthfully, I expect it. I don't know what it is about Thursdays, but they are usually my worst run of the week.
Tonight was different, however. Fully expecting the usual run, complete with several walking breaks over the 4.4 miles, I headed out with the Trail group. Pete is back in town and it was great to run with him again. Of course, he runs much quicker than me now, and I knew heading out that there would be no way to keep up with him.
I accepted that I would probably run a mile or so with him and then be on my own. I was even ok with that!
But something strange happened tonight. I ran a 9:00 pace over the 4.4 miles! No walking, no pain, no death awaiting me!
Mile 1: 9:21
Mile 2: 9:00
Mile 3: 8:56
Mile 4: 8:51
.41: 8:44 pace.
Pete left me in the dust for the last half mile, which gave me the perfect opportunity to take a walk break, but I didn't take it.
I have no explanation for tonight, but I did love how I felt afterwards! But this totally messes up my whole "what to expect on Thursday" notions.
I am considering a slight change in my racing (HA! I feel idiotic calling my events races, the only one I race against is myself!) this fall/winter.
I should make my decision pretty soon, so I'll post it when I do.
Happy running! And happy thoughts to JD and Barbara.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great run! Its an awesome feeling to have a run that is so much better than expected. I unfortunately have had no time to run this week, either because of the weather or my work schedule. That will make 11 miles on Saturday fun, I'm sure.
Glad that your Thursday run was better than usual!!! I will look for you on Saturday...I will probably be bringing up the rear of the 1/2 marathon group. :-)
Post a Comment