
I wasn't sure I would make it out of bed for a jaunt to Huntsville this morning. In fact, at about 4:30 this morning, I turned off the alarm and told myself that I should just stay local for my run.
At 6:15 I woke up, wide awake and decided to get myself up to HSP for a run with those who understand my insanity.
On the way up to the park, I saw lots of deer grazing on the grass along 45. It was so beautiful. They are so graceful. I could look at them all day.
We ran a nice 6.9 miles through the park. Aside from being run over by about 50 cyclists riding in a pack, it was quite a peaceful run. At some points, I was running alone worrying that I might get lost. Just when I was convinced that I was lost, I'd run into a member of the trail group who assured me I was on the right path. I really need to get a map and study the trails so I don't have to rely on good luck to get through them.
Most of the group ran a bit longer than me, but considering my run yesterday, I decided to take the shorter route. I think it took me just as long at my 12:33 pace. I walked every hill and each patch of sand. I hate running through sand. I twist my ankles so bad, I don't want to risk a real injury trying to run through it.
My legs felt great, I was just tired. Not exhausted, but tired. I enjoyed listening to the sounds of nature, minus the screaming band of cyclists.
Once I got home, I had a quick bite to eat and then Mark and I headed out for a bike ride. Mark got his new bike yesterday, so we needed to break it in. I took him on a 7 mile ride over the Flintridge Hills and into the Nature Preserve. It was a great ride, a tough little work-out on those hills. I think I heard Mark cursing me under his breath...
The afternoon I spent playing on the computer with the kids. I really need to be attending to our homeschooling curriculum, but how boring!
I'm hoping to get another 40+ miles in this week. Push-ups to be done later today.
3 comments:
Guess you can't get lost as long as you stay on the path ;-). I've only run at HSP a couple of times; I always wait for others running with me at all the intersections to keep from getting lost.
Wow 40+ miles- you're packing on the miles. Huntsville is fun, I hope to get back there for another run.
Great trail pic! Looks so serene.
Post a Comment